“What’s that in your 1-year-old’s mouth?” I’m sure you’re asking.
Isn’t it obvious?
It’s an electrical outlet cover, of course! What adult doesn’t remember the halcyon days of childhood, when they risked electric shock to find a two-pronged, hard-plastic replica of a pacifier?
Hazards Involved in Tessa’s New “Toy”:
1. These things aren’t just lying around the house. That means that in order to obtain one, Tessa is using her tiny, outlet-sized fingers to wrench them out of the socket. Totally not dangerous!
2. Choking hazard? Check.
3. Probably not orthodontically approved.
4. She’s never used an actual binkie. So who knows the psychology behind why this is happening?
I know I don’t.
This hasn’t happened only once. This happens daily.
So pretty much we’re the best parents on earth, is what I’m saying.